As restrictions begin to lift, and the economy begins its phased reopening, Canada’s chief public health officer is officially recommending Canadians wear non-medical face masks when maintaining a two-metre distance isn’t possible. First Aid 4U has 2 different options for Non-Medical Masks in-stock and ready to ship!
|3-Ply Non-Medical Mask||Reusable Non-Woven Mask|
Appropriate use of non-medical mask or face covering
***Information provided from Government of Canada Website – Non-medical masks and face coverings: About***
When worn properly, a person wearing a non-medical mask or face covering can reduce the spread of his or her own infectious respiratory droplets.
Non-medical face masks or face coverings should:
- allow for easy breathing
- fit securely to the head with ties or ear loops
- maintain their shape after washing and drying
- be changed as soon as possible if damp or dirty
- be comfortable and not require frequent adjustment
- be made of at least 2 layers of tightly woven material fabric (such as cotton or linen)
- be large enough to completely and comfortably cover the nose and mouth without gaping
Some masks also include a pocket to accommodate a paper towel or disposable coffee filter, for increased benefit.
Non-medical masks or face coverings should not:
- be shared with others
- impair vision or interfere with tasks
- be placed on children under the age of 2 years
- be made of plastic or other non-breathable materials
- be secured with tape or other inappropriate materials
- be made exclusively of materials that easily fall apart, such as tissues
- be placed on anyone unable to remove them without assistance or anyone who has trouble breathing