Red Cross Emergency First Aid & CPR Course
- Duration: 8 hours
A hands on, interactive course teaching Simple First Aid & CPR techniques for individuals who want an overview of First Aid & CPR for the workplace or home. Learn how to recognize, prevent and respond to cardiovascular emergencies for adults, choking, airway and breathing emergencies, and prevention of disease transmission. Participants will also learn how (and be certified) to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
This course can be taught along with CPR Level A, C .
This course includes First Aid & CPR Guidelines 2011, is recognized by the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) and meets Ontario Health & Safety (OHS) regulations for Basic First Aid. All participants will receive the Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual and Certification card. Certification is valid for 3 years.
Who should attend?
- Any trades person, Any Driver (Transport, Taxi, School Bus, Etc), Security Guards, etc.
- No prerequisite or pre-course assignment is required.
- Any person who wants more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home.
Emergency First Aid Training Course Content:
- Preparing to Respond
- The EMS System
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing & Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory & Cardiac Arrest
- Wound Care
- Written exam (min. passing grade: 75%)
Testimonials & Reviews
WE’RE PROUD OF THE TESTIMONIALS AND GLOWING REVIEWS WE’VE EARNED OVER THE YEARS. HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF RECENT REVIEWS FROM ACROSS THE PROVINCE.