Red Cross Standard First Aid & CPR Course
Standard First Aid – 16 Hours of Class Time
This is a comprehensive two-day first aid certification course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Certification is valid for 3 years.
The course includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines from the Canadian Red Cross and meets federal and a variety of provincial regulations for Standard First Aid and CPR. First Aid 4U exceeds our competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content. Participants will also learn how (and be certified) to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
This course includes First Aid & CPR Guidelines 2011, is recognized by the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) and meets Ontario Health & Safety (OHS) regulations for Basic First Aid. All participants will receive the Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual and Certification card.
Who should attend?
- Any employee can attend this course. (No prerequisite or pre-course assignment is required.)
- Any person who wants more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home.
Standard First Aid Certification Training Course Content:
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Written exam (min. passing grade: 75%)
Red Cross Training Levels
Testimonials & Reviews
WE’RE PROUD OF THE TESTIMONIALS AND GLOWING REVIEWS WE’VE EARNED OVER THE YEARS. HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF RECENT REVIEWS FROM ACROSS THE PROVINCE.