Violence and Harassment in the Workplace
Workplace harassment can undermine a person’s dignity. It can prevent workers from doing their job effectively. Workplace harassment, left unchecked, has the potential to escalate into violent behavior. All workers are entitled to a safe and healthy workplace.
The occupational health and safety act sets out the requirements for violence and harassment policies in the workplace. The legislation through Bill 168, effective 2010 and further refined with Bill 132 in 2016, sets out the steps that the employer must take to ensure a safe and equal workplace.
How To Complete This Course
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 90 minutes
Testing conducted in this online Violence and Harassment in the Workplace course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course three additional times if the pass mark is not achieved.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
What is Included in
- Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace
- Violence Prevention
- What do if you or a Co-Worker is Sexually Harassed
- Definition of Violence & Bullying
- Definition of Harassment & Sexual Harassment
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Recognizing Sexual Harassment Behaviors
- Effects of Harassment and Violence on the Individual
- Physiological & Behavioral Symptoms
- Effects of Harassment and Violence on the Organization
- Results of Ignoring the Problem
- Developing Policies
- Risk & Threat Assessment
- Stages of Violence
- Complaint Process & Investigation
- Informal & Formal Procedures
Testimonials & Reviews
WE’RE PROUD OF THE TESTIMONIALS AND GLOWING REVIEWS WE’VE EARNED OVER THE YEARS. HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF RECENT REVIEWS FROM ACROSS THE PROVINCE.