GHS and WHMIS 2015
This online GHS and WHMIS course is designed to fulfill the training for both the Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and the new Globally Harmonized System (GHS) training requirements. The course explains the old Workplace Hazardous Material Information System information, as well as how GHS will change WHMIS and what the new requirements are. After completing this comprehensive course, an understanding should be gained of the relationship between the WHMIS and GHS systems, occupational health and safety laws, the purpose of WHMIS and GHS, core features of both systems, responsibilities of employers, employees, and product suppliers, how to control chemical hazards, and system related documentation and labeling.
- The history of WHMIS and GHS
- Health and safety statistics
- Occupational health and safety legislation
- Industrial hygiene and how it relates to GHS
- Why we use WHMIS and the GHS systems
- Harmful substance routes of entry
- An overview of the WHMIS and GHS systems
- WHMIS and GHS symbols
- Workplace labels
- Material Safety Data Sheets and Safety Data Sheets
- Requirements for worker education
- Responsibilities of employers, employees, and suppliers
- WHMIS at home
- Controlling chemical hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safety Data Sheet questions
- Glossary of terms
Testimonials & Reviews
WE’RE PROUD OF THE TESTIMONIALS AND GLOWING REVIEWS WE’VE EARNED OVER THE YEARS. HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF RECENT REVIEWS FROM ACROSS THE PROVINCE.
Use this convenient form to find out more about our courses. We’ll be back in touch ASAP.