GHS and WHMIS 2015
This online GHS and WHMIS course is designed to fulfill the training for both the Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and the new Globally Harmonized System (GHS) training requirements. The course explains the old Workplace Hazardous Material Information System information, as well as how GHS will change WHMIS and what the new requirements are. After completing this comprehensive course, an understanding should be gained of the relationship between the WHMIS and GHS systems, occupational health and safety laws, the purpose of WHMIS and GHS, core features of both systems, responsibilities of employers, employees, and product suppliers, how to control chemical hazards, and system related documentation and labelling.
How To Complete This Course
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 60 minutes
Testing conducted in this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. Students may take the course up to three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. This certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of completion printed on the certificate unless otherwise specified by an employer, legislation, or other authority.
What is Included in
- The history of WHMIS and GHS
- Material Safety Data Sheets and Safety Data Sheets
- Health and safety statistics
- Requirements for worker education
- Occupational health and safety legislation
- Responsibilities of employers, employees, and suppliers
- Industrial hygiene and how it relates to GHS
- WHMIS at home
- Why we use WHMIS and the GHS systems
- Controlling chemical hazards
- Harmful substance routes of entry
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- An overview of the WHMIS and GHS systems
- Safety Data Sheet questions
- WHMIS and GHS symbols
- Glossary of terms
- Workplace labels
Testimonials & Reviews
WE’RE PROUD OF THE TESTIMONIALS AND GLOWING REVIEWS WE’VE EARNED OVER THE YEARS. HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF RECENT REVIEWS FROM ACROSS THE PROVINCE.
our regular office hours are 8AM to 4PM Monday through Saturday