How To Become An Instructor
Interested in becoming a First Aid and CPR Instructor?
First Aid 4U offers quality Instructor Training and our experienced Instructor Trainers run leadership courses across Ontario.
- Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid and CPR level C/AED certificate
- Successful completion of your Skills Check (mandatory scheduled date)
- Successful completion of the 8 Hour Online Module (sent after completion of your skills check)
- 18 years of age or older
To successfully complete the Instructor Course:
- Attend a Skills Check Session before the course. All skills meet the Red Cross Standards. This is a 4 hour component which will be specified in the dates you select.
- Attend 100% of the course – all four days, 9am-5pm, often over two weekends.
- Complete any pre-course assignments as required by your Instructor Trainer.
- Successful completion of the course which involves practice teaching, course assignments and a final written test.
- Demonstrate an ability to teach safe, fun and interactive courses.
- Complete an online module as preparation for the teaching experience.
- Successfully complete a co-teach (up to 3 attempts) in a Standard First Aid and CPR level C/AED course with a Teaching Experience Supervisor (lesson plan required).
Testimonials & Reviews
WE’RE PROUD OF THE TESTIMONIALS AND GLOWING REVIEWS WE’VE EARNED OVER THE YEARS. HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF RECENT REVIEWS FROM ACROSS THE PROVINCE.
Use this convenient form to find out more about our courses. We’ll be back in touch ASAP.