How To Become An Instructor
Interested in becoming a First Aid and CPR Instructor?
First Aid 4U offers quality Instructor Training and our experienced Instructor Trainers run leadership courses across Ontario. Once certified, you can apply to teach for various existing Training Partners throughout Canada. However ***Please Note*** The Red Cross is not currently accepting applications for new Training Partners. For more detailed information on Training Partners please click here. If you’d like to speak to the Red Cross regarding this, please call them at 1-877-356-3226.
- Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid and CPR level C/AED certificate
- Successful completion of your Skills Check (mandatory scheduled date)
- Successful completion of the 8 Hour Online Module (sent after completion of your skills check)
- 18 years of age or older
To successfully complete the Instructor Course:
- Attend a Skills Check Session before the course. All skills meet the Red Cross Standards. This is a 4 hour component which will be specified in the dates you select.
- Attend 100% of the course – all four days, 9am-5pm, often over two weekends.
- Complete any pre-course assignments as required by your Instructor Trainer.
- Successful completion of the course which involves practice teaching, course assignments and a final written test.
- Demonstrate an ability to teach safe, fun and interactive courses.
- Complete an online module as preparation for the teaching experience.
- Successfully complete a co-teach (up to 3 attempts) in a Standard First Aid and CPR level C/AED course with a Teaching Experience Supervisor (lesson plan required).
Testimonials & Reviews
WE’RE PROUD OF THE TESTIMONIALS AND GLOWING REVIEWS WE’VE EARNED OVER THE YEARS. HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF RECENT REVIEWS FROM ACROSS THE PROVINCE.
Use this convenient form to find out more about our courses. We’ll be back in touch ASAP.