COVID-19: Preventative Measures at First Aid 4U – In Class Courses Has Resumed – Online Blended Training Still Available for Temporary Certification
As a leader in the First Aid industry, safety is our top priority. We want to ensure everyone is safe while attending one of our training courses. Currently the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the current public health risk associated with COVID-19 (coronavirus) and is updating the community as we move forward.
With the constant changing status First Aid 4 U has taken action and we have resumed training on a limited bases at select locations. For full details on what to expect when attending a session please see our updated in class training protocols that can be found HERE.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, but we are moving forward following the requirements by the province as best as possible. To reschedule any existing bookings or to make arrangements for future sessions please feel free to contact us as needed.
It should be noted, for anyone who may require renewed certification, All certifications that expire after March 1, 2020 are automatically temporarily extended until December 31st, 2020. We will continue to monitor this situation and provide more information if anything changes. Please note that this means re-certification needs to be completed prior to this date. Full details on WSIB requirements for First Aid Training can be found on the WSIB website (https://www.wsib.ca/en/firstaid)
Further information can be found here (https://www.canada.ca/en/
With the announced phased approach of reopening please keep in mind the changing environment that we will all be entering into. Please watch this short but helpful video on details you should keep in mind if returning to the workplace. It was supplied by our friends at Ripcord Solutions (www.ripcordsolutions.com) for us at First Aid 4U, but can be valuable for any organization. Feel free to visit their site for further information on their services.
If you or your organization is in need of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplies to prepare for the return to work please visit our store. Products are in stock.
Moving forward, as a Canadian Red Cross Partner, we are regulated in our training facility cleaning standards, however, we have gone above and beyond this standard to provide even further disinfecting and preventative measures to ensure our customers have access to top facilities and equipment for when we can continue our training courses.
Preventative Measures we’ve adopted:
- Adding additional cleaning and sanitizing products in all of our training rooms.
- Regularly disinfecting high touch areas (door handles, tables, chairs).
- Informing our instructors and participants about best hygiene practices.
- Waiving our rescheduling fees for those who feel ill before a scheduled course.
- Supplying disposable masks to participants (if needed)
- Distancing participants within a training course (individual equipment for use, etc.)
What can you do?
- Limit personal contact with others
- Utilize the sanitary products provided during the class as needed (wipe down your chair/desk, use hand sanitizer, etc.)
- Bring your own water bottle, notebook and pen.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water and sanitize them
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes
- If you are not feeling well or have respiratory symptoms similar to the flu such as a cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, stay at home and follow public health protocol. Give us a call to reschedule your booking.
Again, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We also encourage our guests to stay up-to-date through Canada’s Public Health website.
Last updated August 20th, 2020.