COVID-19: Preventative Measures at First Aid 4U – Courses Suspended until April 20th, 2020
As a leader in the First Aid industry, safety is our top priority. We want to ensure everyone is safe while attending one of our training courses. Currently the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the current public health risk associated with COVID-19 (coronavirus) and is updating the community as we move forward.
With the constant changing status First Aid 4 U has taken action and all public courses from March 18th through to April 20th are suspended.
This decision was not made lightly as we had to consider detail from various stakeholders and advisory groups. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. To reschedule any existing bookings or to make arrangements for future sessions please feel free to contact us as needed.
It should be noted, for anyone who may require renewed certification, we will be allowing a 90 extension to get re-certified. We will continue to monitor this situation and provide more information if anything changes. We have also been able to extend the Blended Training Program completion period to 90 days as well. This program will limit your in-class time to half the expected time. We are now taking registrations specifically to complete the online portion right away and you will be contacted with in-class session dates once normal classes resume. Register Now
Further information can be found here (https://www.canada.ca/en/
Moving forward, as a Canadian Red Cross Partner, we are regulated in our training facility cleaning standards, however, we have gone above and beyond this standard to provide even further disinfecting and preventative measures to ensure our customers have access to top facilities and equipment for when we can continue our training courses.
Preventative Measures we’ve adopted:
- Adding additional cleaning and sanitizing products in all of our training rooms.
- Regularly disinfecting high touch areas (door handles, tables, chairs).
- Informing our instructors and participants about best hygiene practices.
- Waiving our rescheduling fees for those who feel ill before a scheduled course.
What can you do?
- Limit personal contact with others
- Utilize the sanitary products provided during the class as needed (wipe down your chair/desk, use hand sanitizer, etc.)
- Bring your own water bottle, notebook and pen.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water and sanitize them
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes
- If you are not feeling well or have respiratory symptoms similar to the flu such as a cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, stay at home and follow public health protocol. Give us a call to reschedule your booking.
Again, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We also encourage our guests to stay up-to-date through Canada’s Public Health website.
Last updated March 23rd, 2020.