COVID-19: Preventative Measures at First Aid 4U – In Class Courses Suspended until further notice – Online Blended Training Available for Temporary Certification
As a leader in the First Aid industry, safety is our top priority. We want to ensure everyone is safe while attending one of our training courses. Currently the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the current public health risk associated with COVID-19 (coronavirus) and is updating the community as we move forward.
With the constant changing status First Aid 4 U has taken action and all public courses since March 18th have been suspended.
This decision was not made lightly as we had to consider detail from various stakeholders and advisory groups. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. To reschedule any existing bookings or to make arrangements for future sessions please feel free to contact us as needed.
How to obtain certification during Covid-19
We are still able to issue a WSIB Approved Interim Certificate through online training. This Certificate will be valid during Social Distancing Protocols, after this point in time you will simply attend your in-class portion and receive your full certification. Register for the online portion of our Blended Course HERE and you will be on our list to have first access to classes added once Social Distancing Protocols are over and in-class sessions resume.
It should be noted, for anyone who may require renewed certification, All certifications that expire after March 1, 2020 are automatically temporarily extended until September 30, 2020. We will continue to monitor this situation and provide more information if anything changes.
Further information can be found here (https://www.canada.ca/en/
With the announced phased approach of reopening please keep in mind the changing environment that we will all be entering into. Please watch this short but helpful video on details you should keep in mind if returning to the workplace. It was supplied by our friends at Ripcord Solutions (www.ripcordsolutions.com) for us at First Aid 4U, but can be valuable for any organization. Feel free to visit their site for further information on their services.
If you or your organization is in need of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplies to prepare for the return to work please visit our store. Products are in stock.
Moving forward, as a Canadian Red Cross Partner, we are regulated in our training facility cleaning standards, however, we have gone above and beyond this standard to provide even further disinfecting and preventative measures to ensure our customers have access to top facilities and equipment for when we can continue our training courses.
Preventative Measures we’ve adopted:
- Adding additional cleaning and sanitizing products in all of our training rooms.
- Regularly disinfecting high touch areas (door handles, tables, chairs).
- Informing our instructors and participants about best hygiene practices.
- Waiving our rescheduling fees for those who feel ill before a scheduled course.
What can you do?
- Limit personal contact with others
- Utilize the sanitary products provided during the class as needed (wipe down your chair/desk, use hand sanitizer, etc.)
- Bring your own water bottle, notebook and pen.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water and sanitize them
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes
- If you are not feeling well or have respiratory symptoms similar to the flu such as a cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, stay at home and follow public health protocol. Give us a call to reschedule your booking.
Again, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We also encourage our guests to stay up-to-date through Canada’s Public Health website.
Last updated June 20th, 2020.