Mental Health First Aid (Virtual)
In conjunction with Mental Health Commission of Canada Certified Trainers we are able to offer Mental Health First Aid certification. Course fees: $250 + hst per person
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
Course participants will learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
- Talk about declines in their mental well-being
- Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
- Reach out to these supports
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
- Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
How To Complete This Course
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION
This 8-hour course opens with a self-directed module (Module 1) that focuses on the information and strategies that participants will discuss and practice throughout the virtual classroom modules (Modules 2 and 3). Course participants are required to complete Module 1 before participating in Module 2 and 3.
Flexible scheduling is available for our public courses; Mornings, Afternoons, Weekends, etc.. We can also accommodate private groups of 10 or more to offer even further flexibility. The courses schedule are in English, however we are able to run the class in French as well. If you are looking for a French class or possibly for a private group for your workplace, please contact us and we will be happy to assist with your request.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate of completion will be issued by the Canadian Commission of Mental Health. This certificate has no expiration date, however with changing trends, it is recommended to complete the course every 2-3 years to stay current.
What is Included in
- Module 1: Self-Directed
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to MHFA actions
- Module 2: Virtual Classroom
- Practice applying MHFA actions to situations of declining mental well-being
- Guidelines for MHFA conversations with people from diverse cultures and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community
- Module 3 Virtual Classroom
- Discussion on using MHFA actions for self-care
- Practice using MHFA actions in crisis situations
Testimonials & Reviews
WE’RE PROUD OF THE TESTIMONIALS AND GLOWING REVIEWS WE’VE EARNED OVER THE YEARS. HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF RECENT REVIEWS FROM ACROSS THE PROVINCE.
our regular office hours are 8AM to 4PM Monday through Saturday